Architecture Graduate Program
Architecture Graduate Program of Diponegoro University is created to meet the internal and external needs.
Internal needs are the need to study architecture deeper, not only for professionalism needs, but also nationalism needs.
Architecture Graduate Program emphasize on understanding and appreciating the architecture for tropical area, similar to the condition of Indonesia. Furthermore, it also emphasizes on developing contextual architecture based on national culture that is important to face the globalization era.
External needs are the perceived needs of the architects, do not matter whether they are from professional bureaucracy, from broadminded and more over about the problem of long-term urban construction and design, that would become more complex and attached to the nowadays development of science and technology.
Architecture Graduate Program of Diponegoro University give basic graduate program education and basic architectures that are required courses in the first semester, optional courses in 2nd semester, studio courses/particular assignments in the third semester, and thesis course in the 4th semester with following step:
Step I: Concentration of Tropical Architecture
Step II: Concentration of Advanced Architecture
Step III: Concentration of Urban Design
Curriculum with 38 SKS expected to be finished in 4 semesters (2 years). The step of the study started at second semester is not a rigid step. Students from a particular study step can trade one course of the selected step, or add their study step with a particular course from other study step, with a note that the total of the SKS is minimally 38 and maximally 43.
Architecture Graduate Program of Diponegoro University is the first ever Graduate Program that created by Architecture Department with SK. Dikti. No. 125/DIKTI/Kep/1994 in May, 16th 1994. In hierarchal view, since 2013, Architecture Graduate Program of Diponegoro University is under direct management of Faculty of Engineering. Architecture Graduate Program of Diponegoro University is in Architecture Department as one of department from Faculty of Engineering.
Architecture Graduate Program of Diponegoro University has vision to become an excellent educational institution in the next two decades, and become the orientation center in Asia-Pacific in the depth of Architectural science that has tropical characteristic, and conserve the local potention of Architectural Construction and Urban Architecture in the field of Building Design and Urban Design.
Vision and Mission of Architecture Graduate Program are as follow:
- Organize the best and excellent education for graduate program in Architecture field, and produced graduates that has comprehensive and logical thinking, and always following current issues in Architecture field that has tropical characteristic, and conserve the local potention of Architectural Construction and Urban Architecture in the field of Building Design and Urban Design.
- Do professional research and scientific publication as a contribution to the development of tropical architecture
- Become the center of study and research for tropical architecture science in national scale, and able to give reference to other institution in Construction Planning and Urban Planning
- Conduct a qualified, autonomous, and accountable, and accredited community service to help solving the problem that exist in the society as the application and development of tropical architecture science.
- Evaluate regularly in order to increase the capability, quality, professionality, and accountability in creating the educational program
The list of the courses that Architecture Graduate Program of Diponegoro University is as follow: